There are a couple of ways that I think are great to get into this Web 2.0 stuff for EM.
- Twitter – I know it’s weird but get into it and it’s awesome. Here’s a list of people I follow that tweet a lot about medicine. It’s only to get you started
- RSS feeds – I use feedly. Here’s a list of all the EM blogs I follow.
- Podcasts – these are wonderful ways to keep learning while walking or driving or even exercising (ughh…) I can’t find an easy way to export my podcast feed so here’s a link to Life in the Fast Lane’s
- Google Plus – there’s only about 3 of us on this but theoretically I think it’s the best platform out there.
If you want some detailed info on how to get started then check out this workshop that I’ve done a few times on getting started in social media.
you could just cheat and get in a once-weekly format that Kane Guthrie puts out.
even better start creating some stuff yourself.
If you’re in Ireland
There are two important sites you need to know about:
- these are the guys that hosted the big ICEM2012 conference. They promote, advocate and educate for EM in Ireland.
- this is the group that represents Irish EM trainees.