I keep a little, ever-expanding note on my phone where I jot down little morsels of goodness that I pick up while listening to or reading one of the many excellent sites/podcasts in the useful resource section.
I’ll try and transfer them here for your enlightenment.
From the July 25 episode of KeepingUp [unfortunately now defunct…]
- 10% cross rate based on older stuff when the 1st 2nd gen cephalosporins were produced with penicillin
- when tested about 10% of people who report pen allergy are actually allergic (ie IgE mediated response)
- of those who report allergy 1% will have reaction if given 1st or 2nd cephalosporin
- of those tested and confirmed pen allergy then 2.5% will react will react to a cephalosporin
- 3rd and 4th gen are fine either way